The sun is starting to shine here in the south of France and the skies are clearing up, so I decided to do a manicure to celebrate! Yay!
This cute little summery design was inspired by a manicure by 'Ontothenextpolish' that I saw and fell in love with immediately/
A more challenging design that requires a bit of patience. But if you put the effort in, the result is great!
Read the 'how to' after the jump!
- Apply two coats of a light blue polish.
- Take a small sponge (I use make-up sponges) and dab white polish onto the bottom half of the nail.
- With a black nail art pen, draw the basket shape of the hot-air-balloon, then the circle above, and finally connect the two with a short line each side.
- Use a small striper dipped in polish to create the stripes on the hot-air-balloon. This is the most tricky bit as you have a very small area to work on.
- Using the nail art pen again, draw two bird shapes on each of the remaining nails.
- Apply a top coat to seal in the design.
- Kiko, 340 (blue)
- OPI, My Boyfriend Scales Walls (white)
- Barry M Nail Art Pen, Black
(For the balloon)
- Kiko, 360 (coral)
- Kiko, 355 (yellow)
- Kiko, 297 (green)
- Barry M, 272 Shocking Pink