The theme for this was 'neon', and with not having many neon colours in my polish collection, I decided to set a few of the colours again black to make them look as bright as possible. And then I came up with this striping tape mani!
All you will need to achieve this manicure is striping tape, a black polish, and two or 3 bright colours of your choice (white polish is an optional extra).
Pictorial and more on 'how to' after the jump!
- Paint one coat of white polish on the nail. This is optional, but I find it makes the colours on top brighter.
- Apply 2 or 3 bright colour polishes onto the nails. The neatness and arrangement doesn't matter too much as it will be covered over later.
- Cut small lengths of striping tape and place them randomly onto the nail. I'd recommend 2 or 3 stripes per nail. Make sure these are pressed down right to the edge of the nail bed.
- Cover the entire nail (and striping tape) with black polish. A thick opaque coat is best.
- Whilst still wet...immediately remove the striping tape (in the OPPOSITE direction of which you applied them).
- Wait to dry fully. Add top coat. Done!
- OPI, My Boyfriend Scales Walls (white)
- Kiko, 389 (blue)
- Kiko, 355 (yellow)
- Kiko, 275 (black)
- Misguided, Misschievous (red)